- Polish Festival. Check out the 40th Annual Polish Festival, held by the Polish Heritage Society, the longest continuous festival held in the City of Grand Rapids! Come to Rosa Parks Circle to celebrate the Polish culture, entertainment, food and drinks, When: August 23, 24, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Augst 25, noon-5 p.m. Where: Rosa Parks Circle. Entry: Free. For more information.
- Disability and the Art of Drag. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from and talk to the artists, producers, and organizers involved in The Disability Drag Show and how this unprecedented drag show promises to replace and rearrange our assumptions about gender, sexuality, and disability. When: August 23, 1 p.m – 3 p.m. Where: Grand Rapids Art Museum. Entry: Free (Register). For more information.
- Women Who Whiskey. Learn about varieties of whiskeys, grab a cigar, try new spirits and enjoy the company of other whiskey-loving ladies (and gentlemen!) alongside resident mixologists on the jdek at the JW Marriott Grand Rapids! When: August 23, 5:30 p.m. – 12 a.m. Where: JW Marriott Grand Rapids. For more information.
- 2019 Latino Health 5K. With a focus on health and wellness promotion, the West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce held its first Annual Latino Health 5K Run/Walk in September of 2015. When: August 24, 8 a.m – 2 p.m. Where: Roosevelt Park. Entry: $15. For more information and registration.
- Ghosts of Grand Rapids – Downtown East – Historic Ghost Walking Tour. Join Julie Rathsack, one of the authors of Ghosts of Grand Rapids, for an evening of Grand Rapids history mixed with the paranormal world. When: August 24, 8 p.m. Where: Grand Rapids Public Library. Entry: $15. For more information and registration.