Friday, Oct. 4
- Starry Night at Blandford. Attendees will be able to view the Moon, Saturn, and a variety of bright stars. When: Saturday, Oct. 4, 8-10pm. Where: Blandford Nature Center, 1715 Hillburn Ave NW Fee: $7/member; $10/non-member; Children 2 and under are free. Click for more information.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Bark in the Dark 2019. All attendees can enjoy a dog costume contest, pup-a-razzi photo booth, local beverages, face painting, balloon animals and more. When: Saturday, Oct. 5, 5-9pm Where: Riverside Park, 2001 Monroe Ave SE. Tickets are $35 for adults, $10 for kids ages 5-17, and kids under 5 are free. Click for more information.
- Gerald R. Ford International Airport Runway 5K. For this truly unique experience, athletes will start by running through the tunnel that goes under the North/South runway, then head out onto one of the other airport runways. When: Saturday, Oct. 5 Where: Air Cargo & Trade Center, 5500 44th Street. Click for more information.
- Oktoberfest at Horrocks. No need to travel to Germany when you can enjoy Oktoberfest right here at Horrocks. When: Saturday, Oct. 5, 1-4pm. Where: Horrocks Market, 4455 Breton Rd. SE. Click for more information.
Sunday, Oct. 6
- May Erlewine: Second Sight. ‘Second Sight’ is a record of reflection with songs about existing, connecting and moving forward through very turbulent times as a country. When: Sunday, Oct. 6, 7pm Where: Peter Wege Auditorium, 1130 Wealthy St SE. Click for more information.