By Erick Gerson | Photography by Roland Capulet | Tavia Hinton
Renowned makeup artist Erick Gerson shares his tips
on how to infuse a touch of adventure into your makeup routine in five simple steps.
The Pantone color of 2018 is Ultra Violet, which looks perfect on every skin tone and with every eye color. If you prefer neutrals, Ultra Violet is a great color to start experimenting with. Follow these steps to recreate this look.
1. After applying your moisturizer, add a hint of luminosity on your skin by mixing a few drops of liquid skin enhancer highlighter. A few drops is enough to give your skin the perfect glow.
2. Use eyeliner pencil of the color of your choice. Draw a line on top of your eyelashes, making sure it is slightly thicker toward the outer corner of the eye. Smudge with a Q-tip or small makeup brush, always smudging and blending out and up. Add a couple of coats of mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
3. Cream blushes look lovely on everyone, young or old, and add a healthy, natural look to the skin. Add a couple of dabs on the apples of your cheeks and blend our toward the top of your ear.
4. The best products for contouring are creme based, as they blend easily. Use one of the contouring or highlight sticks listed below, apply to the counters of your face as shown in the photo. Using a sponge or a synthetic brush, blend away toward your hairline. To highlight, use the other side of the stick and apply under the eyes to brighten up the eyes and face.
5. Choosing a lipstick is almost like a superhero choosing her power. Play around and have fun! Apply a bold, Ultra Violet lipstick by starting in the center of the lip and working to the outer corners of the mouth so you can create even lines on both sides of your mouth. Use a lip pencil to trace the lip line better or if your lipstick tends to bleed.
Now that I have showed you how to apply some of the trends you see today, apply it into a regular makeup routine that fits your style. Dare to venture and have fun with your makeup!
Erick Gerson is a makeup artist from Mexico. He specializes in Bridal Makeup and has won consecutive wedding makeup awards, appeared on TV shows and been published in magazine all over the world. He enjoys teaching making classes to other professional makeup artists and the everyday woman. To connect with him, visit erickmakeup.com or check out is Instagram @erickmaeup.