Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. brings a full slate of winter activities in Downtown GR and invites all ages to experience how fun winter can be. The 8-day festival is designed
Downtown Grand Rapids Inc. brings a full slate of winter activities in Downtown GR and invites all ages to experience how fun winter can be. The 8-day festival is designed to take advantage of Michigan’s cold climate, provide fun ways for people to get outside and make Grand Rapids a better winter city, which makes GR a better year-sound city!
The week is a shovel’s-worth of FREE and low-cost events that feature a wide variety of activities for all ages, starting with the annual Valent-ICE Kick-off. Read below to see what’s happening, then go hit the slopes!
World of Winter Festival highlights:
- 4-8 pm Ice Bar Olympics at the Downtown Market
- 5 pm Valent-ICE Kick-off with live carving demonstrations
- 5-11:30 pm PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony watch party at Rosa Parks Circle
- 6 pm Ice Sculpture Walking Tour with GR Running Tours
- 8 pm Athletes & All-Stars Walking Tour with Grand Rapids Running Tours
- 11 am Ice Sculpture Running Tour with GR Running Tours
- Noon-6 pm ICE Breaker & Paint the Park live ice carving, kids skate FREE and food trucks at Rosa Parks Circle and Snowshoe demonstration in Heartside Park.
- Noon-7 pm Ice Bar Olympics at the Downtown Market
- 12:30, 2:30 and 5:30 pm Ice Sculpture Walking Tour with GR Running Tours
- Noon-4 pm Ice Bar Olympics at the Downtown Market
- 12:30-8:30 pm Human Hungry Hungry Hippo Tournament at Rosa Parks Circle
- 1:30 and 4 pm Ice Sculpture Walking Tour with GR Running Tours
- 3-3:30 pm Family division awards ceremony at Rosa Parks Circle
- 8-8:30 pm Adult division awards ceremony at Z’s Bar & Restaurant
- Noon-8 pm Monday in Motion featuring yoga at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, music on the Blue Bridge and a Black History Walking Tour with GR Running Tours (details here)
- 5-8 pm Snowshoe demonstration in Heartside Park
- 5-9 pm GR Pop Up Shop at Rosa Parks Circle and LGBTQ speed dating at San Chez
February 14 (Valentine’s Day!)
- 6-10 pm Love on ICE with FREE professional photographs of Valentine’s couples (even your dog!) and 2-for-1 skate rental
- Noon-1:30 Relax at Rosa with FREE ice skate rental, food trucks, live music and a GR Culture Walking Tour with GR Running Tours at noon
- 6-10 pm Celebrate the Grand Rapids Lunar New Year with the Chinese Association of West Michigan (CAWM) in Rosa Parks Circle
Full details at downtowngr.org.
february 9 (Friday) - 16 (Friday)
Downtown Grand Rapids