Friday, Sept. 20-Sunday, Sept. 22
- Shades of Blackness. An exhibition that features work from African American Artists from across the United States of America. When: Friday, Sept. 20-Sunday, Sept. 22, 8am-6pm Where: DeVos Place Convention Center, 303 Monroe Ave NW Entry: Free. Click for more information.
Friday, Sept. 20
- Funny Girls Presents: Our Google Search History. Think your browser history is bad? You could be right, or Funny Girls might have you beat. 18+ When: Friday, Sept. 20, 8-10pm Where: Dog Story Theatre,7 Jefferson Ave SE Entry: $1.0 Click for more information.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- Pedal Project 1. Explore the immersive artworks on view as part of Project 1 from the unique perspective of your bike seat. Pedal Project 1 is a guided bike tour featuring stops at each site location (Downtown, MLK Park, and Tanglefoot) as well as an extended visit to the Grand Rapids African American Art & Music Festival. When: Saturday, Sept. 21, 8:30 am-noon. Where: ArtPrize, 41 Sheldon Blvd SE Entry: Free. Click for more information.
- Symphony on the West Side. Free family-friendly community concert at The Park at John Ball Zoo. When: Saturday, Sept. 21, 6-8pm Where: The Park at John Ball Zoo, 1300 Fulton St W Entry: Free. Click for more information.
Sunday, Sept. 22
- Grand Rapids VegFest 2019. Grand Rapids VegFest returns to the DeltaPlex on Sept. 22 for its fifth annual educational celebration of all things vegan and vegetarian. The event welcomes attendees to explore the benefits of a plant-based diet through seminars, cooking demonstrations, local and national vendors and more. When: Sunday, Sept. 22, 10am-4pm Where: DeltaPlex Arena, 2500 Turner Ave NW E Entry: $12 Click for more information.